Sacred Creation in Crisis: Strengthening the Multifaith Response in MN
MNIPL is proud to be part of MnMN’s Annual Conference 2022
Minnesota Multifaith Network’s (MnMN) annual conference is a truly unique opportunity for Minnesota’s faith and interfaith leaders of all traditions and perspectives to come together to build relationships, find inspiration, learn from one another, and make connections. This year’s gathering will focus on creation in crisis and our particular multifaith response in Minnesota. It is an opportunity for listening to other’s stories, having in-depth conversations, and experiencing art and performance of other faith traditions.
Sacred Creation in Crisis: Strengthening the Multifaith Response in Minnesota
All of our traditions, in their beautiful ways, teach about the sacredness of creation. Creation invites our respect, and gratitude. Our wellbeing is dependent on the wellbeing of the creation; we cannot hurt it without hurting ourselves. In spite of the profound teachings of our traditions, creation is in crisis. We witness human-caused climate change, reckless deforestation, loss of habitat and species and increased greenhouse gases in our atmosphere. Many of us suffer disproportionately from the effects of environmental degradation and cry out for justice. It is urgent that those of us who hold creation as sacred and who feel a deep spiritual and moral responsibility for its care come together.
Please Join Us
Register for this gathering of faith leaders and practitioners, multifaith activists, scholars, community leaders, and artists to celebrate and express our reverence for creation, learn from each other’s wisdom, and find common ground for acting together. All those working for a more just and loving world are welcome – faith leaders, people devoted to interfaith relationships, and everyone committed to the flourishing of all communities in Minnesota.
Conference Schedule Components
- Speakers: Dr. Kelly Sherman Conroy (Oglala Lakota), Buff Grace from Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light, and other short presentations by leaders of several faith traditions
- Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light: The conference is being planned in cooperation with the Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light, whose staff will present about action opportunities and lead one breakout session
- Breakout Sessions: Featuring practical lessons, experiences and ideas from a variety of presenters
- Table Talks: Short, informative and provocative talks or storytelling about the theme by teachers/leaders/clergy from a variety of traditions, interspersed by opportunity for in-depth conversation
- Multifaith Artistic Performances: An Odissi dancer, with more to be announced!
This event will be held at the Carondelet Center (1890 Randolph Avenue, Saint Paul) and online. Pre-registration is required.