Celebrating our 2021 Climate Justice Congregations
We’re excited to honor 22 certified Climate Justice Congregations this spring! From Duluth to Rochester, these communities across Minnesota are demonstrating their commitment to living out their faith and values through effective, sustained climate action.
MNIPL’s year-long climate justice certification program provides congregations with the focus, resources, and support needed to galvanize their community into powerful action. Climate Justice Congregations create and reflect on annual action plans that incorporate a “three-legged stool” approach to climate action, with practical, systemic, and spiritual/relational goals. Once a year, they also reflect on successes, struggles, and learnings from their work.
In 2021, these 22 congregations took on a variety of climate actions, from installing solar panels to organizing a fall worship series on caring for creation. One congregation in Woodbury held a webinar on sustainable lawn care practices and over 70 people attended!
In the midst of changing COVID-19 guidelines, a fierce fight to stop the Line 3 pipeline, and a struggle to pass transformative federal climate investments with the Build Back Better Act, these congregations have stayed committed to their work for climate justice. We will be sharing their stories from the past year on our website to help inspire and encourage others.
We invite you to join the growing number of communities of faith and spiritual practice who are raising a collective voice and driving concrete projects for faithful action on climate justice. Learn more and fill out the interest form to start a conversation about the process.
Please join us in celebrating all of our 2021 Climate Justice Congregations!
- All Saints Episcopal Church, Northfield
- Ascension Episcopal Church, Stillwater
- Beth Jacob Congregation, Mendota Heights
- Centennial United Methodist Church, Roseville
- Christ Episcopal Church, Woodbury
- Christ United Methodist Church, Rochester
- Community of St. Martin, Minneapolis
- Concordia Lutheran Church, Duluth
- Edina Community Lutheran Church, Edina
- First Congregational Church of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- The Grove United Methodist Church, Woodbury
- Hamline Church, St. Paul
- Judson Memorial Baptist Church, Minneapolis
- Lyndale United Church of Christ, Minneapolis
- Pilgrim Lutheran Church, St. Paul
- Plymouth Congregational Church, Minneapolis
- St. John’s Episcopal Church, Minneapolis
- St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church, St. Paul
- Sts. Luke & James, Minneapolis
- Saint Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral, Minneapolis
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Duluth
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Lindstrom
- Unity Church-Unitarian, St. Paul