Beginning 2023 with Gratitude
A message from Julia Nerbonne, MNIPL’s executive director
As we launch into 2023, I am filled with gratitude for each of you. Thank you for the heart and commitment you bring to our shared movement for climate justice. Thank you for your creativity and your wisdom. And thank you for your generosity. Because of all of you, we were able to meet and celebrate our year-end fundraising goals.
(If you didn’t make a contribution, there’s still time! Just click here.)
Together, we did amazing things as a movement in 2022:
- Convened over 500 people of faith and spiritual practice to co-create a climate justice agenda with their federal and state legislators.
- Organized in deep spiritual grounding with communities statewide.
- Invested in solar for low-income families in the Northland.
- Rebuilt community homes devastated by flooding in Bangladesh.
- Successfully moved the United States towards taking financial responsibility for the loss and damage caused by the climate crisis.
- Acted as a formal regulatory intervenor to protect low-income communities from an unprecedented rate hike by Xcel Energy.
We are ready to do even more in 2023!
- Launch a first-of-its-kind People of Faith + Indigenous Sovereignty legislative agenda in partnership with Honor the Earth.
- Stop the Xcel money grab that would raise energy costs an outrageous 21% on households, and win an unprecedented investment in local green energy.
- Ensure that climate-related funds from the Inflation Reduction Act reduce fossil fuel dependency and focus economic investment in communities of color and rural communities.
- Win statewide policy victories that invest in a green and sustainable future.
- Expand our work towards reparation and repair through learning circles, congregational organizing, and concrete action.
- Invest in art, song, and collective joy through multifaith cultural organizing.
Stay tuned for opportunities to come together and take action. We have so much happening, and we want you to be part of it. Check our website and read our email newsletters for updates and invitations.
We are part of history in the making, and I am excited for you to be part of it. Thank you so much for all that you do!