Indigenous and Faith Leaders United for a Bold Climate Justice Agenda
We’ve got the power! Let’s build the world we know is possible. Join faith and Indigenous leaders as we roll out a bold legislative agenda for 2023 that will center Indigenous leadership, drive equity, demand 100% clean renewable electricity, and leverage federal dollars to put Minnesotans to work rebuilding our energy infrastructure.
Come hear about our joint platform and leave with tools to build power in your community to usher in a new world. Speakers include:
- Winona LaDuke, Executive Director, Honor the Earth
- Patricia Torres Ray
- Jim Bear Jacobs, Co-director for Racial Justice, Minnesota Council of Churches; MNIPL board co-chair
- Robert Blake, Executive Director, Native Sun
- Julia Nerbonne, Executive Director, MNIPL
- Sara Wolff, Strategic Policy Director, MNIPL
- Juventino Meza, Legislative Affairs Organizer, MNIPL
This event is co-sponsored by Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light, Honor the Earth, Jewish Community Action, Minnesota Council of Churches, Minnesota Unitarian Universalist Social Justice Alliance (MUUSJA), EcoFaith Network of the Minneapolis Area Synod of the ELCA, Episcopal Church in Minnesota, and Native Sun Community Power Development.
- This event has passed.