Take Action: Faith Communities for 100% Clean Energy
The 100% Campaign is bringing Minnesotans together who believe we need an equitable clean energy future for everyone in our state. MNIPL is proud to be among dozens of community organizations, unions, and advocacy groups pushing for 100% clean energy in Minnesota. In this 2019 legislative session, we expect more than one 100% clean energy bill will be introduced. Let’s show our legislators that Minnesotans are committed to 100% clean, equitable energy.
1. Attend Clean Energy Action Day
Wednesday, March 13th | 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Christ on Capitol Hill, 105 University Ave W, St Paul, MN
Engage in opportunities throughout the day to learn, share, meet with legislators and let them know you want action on clean energy and climate change now. Participate in action stations, interfaith worship, and a rally in the Capitol Rotunda to share your voice.
2. Sign and distribute petitions in support of climate goals.
Engage your community to sign onto the 100% Campaign petition to let our elected officials know this is a priority for all Minnesotans.
- Sign the interfaith community 100% Campaign online petition and to download a printable PDF for community members to sign, click here.
3. Host a House Party for your community
Bring the climate conversation to the rest of your congregation and help others engage clean energy policy campaigns. MNIPL will help you put together an informational and interactive session about climate policy and ways we can all make a difference.
4. Watch our Lobbying 101 Webinar
In February, we hosted a webinar on ways faith communities can get involved with the movement for 100% renewable energy, featuring the following speakers:
- Rep. Jamie Long, MN House of Representatives
- Sarah Campbell, Mayflower United Church of Christ
- Sophia Manolis, Youth Climate Intervenor; MN Can’t Wait
- MNPL Staff, and others
View webinar slides here.
Deepen your impact by sharing your story personally with your state representative, state senator, and other local elected leaders.
We hope to see you soon! With questions, or to get involved, contact Emily Minge at [email protected]