Next Steps for People of Faith to Stop Line 3
Join MNIPL and GreenFaith on Friday, Aug 6 from 1:00-2:00 pm CDT for our “Next Steps for People of Faith to Stop Line 3” call.
The movement to stop this pipeline is deeply grounded in truths that we as people of faith know in our hearts – that water is sacred, that it is our responsibility to protect the earth from climate chaos, and that we must defend the treaties even as our state and national governments refuse to recognize Indigenous sovereignty. This is the time to ground ourselves in those truths, for each of us to remember why we are in this movement, and to foster our interfaith community of Water Protectors.
In this call, we will talk about opportunities for people of faith to show up in this movement and connect with one another in preparation for the next few months of action. If Enbridge finishes construction at the end of August, what will be our last stand? How will we answer the call from Anishinaabe Water Protectors? How will we keep building our movement beyond this summer and into a fall of continued resistance?
Leading up to this Zoom event on 8/6, we invite you to consider how you can answer calls to action right now:
- Get connected to the frontlines and support resistance camps.
- Show up to support the RISE Coalition’s Firelight encampment (Great River Road, Co Hwy 40, Shevlin), where Enbridge is drilling underneath the Mississippi.
- Sign up for the RISE Coalition-led Treaty People Walk for Water, where Water Protectors and allies will walk from the Firelight camp to the MN State Capitol Aug. 7-25.
- Commit to showing up for Treaties Not Tar Sands: Capitol Action to Stop Line 3 at the MN State Capitol building on Aug 25.
- Learn more on MNIPL’s Pipelines page and sign up for Line 3 Action Alerts here.
- This event has passed.