Water and Stars: A Winter Solstice Action
In 2020 as part of the pipeline resistance movement, our broader community was invited by Native leaders to bring our collective energy together in prayer, reflection, and spiritual practice. Across the state and the country people prayed at the water on the darkest night of the year. We welcomed the light.
Our dreams to powerfully stop Line 3 have not yet been fully realized. But our passion for connection and transformation is stronger than ever before. On this Winter Solstice 2021, we will rebuke all fossil fuel projects and offer a shared dream of a just and sustainable future. Everyone is invited, and you can participate from anywhere! This event is co-sponsored by MNIPL, the RISE Coalition, and Honor the Earth.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- We hope you can participate at sunset on the 21st, but please pick the time that works best for you!
- Find a quiet spot in your home, somewhere outdoors, or a space near a body of water. Perhaps invite friends or members of your faith or spiritual community to join you outside (following Covid protocols).
- Offer a prayer, spiritual practice, reflection, ritual, or whatever feels meaningful from your faith/spiritual tradition or life. You can also use our special Water and Stars Solstice Guide. It was written for people from many different faiths, traditions, religions, and spiritual practices, and for those who do not identify in this way.
- Post about your solstice water offering on social media. Tag MNIPL and use the hashtag #solsticewater.
- Share photos or videos from your offering with MNIPL by emailing [email protected]
- This event has passed.