Recording and resources from #StopLine3 National Rally
More than 500 people attended the February 10 national rally to #StopLine3!
We heard from frontlines leaders about the urgency of confronting the violence happening to the land and people along the pipeline corridor. We were challenged to take up the work of decolonization in our faith communities as a pathway toward healing. We heard hopeful stories of the green economy, and we were blessed by powerful words of solidarity from faith partners across the world, including the Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II and the Rev. Dr. Liz Theoharis. They reminded us that joining our struggles for justice and recovering our moral voice is the pathway to liberation for all.
You can join in solidarity with water protectors and plug into the movement through a myriad of ways, outlined below. Together, we will #StopLine3.
Tell President Biden to act immediately:
- Sign the petition to President Biden
- If you are a faith leader, add your name to this faith leader letter to President Biden
- Share a message on social media:
Step 1: Make a sign that says: Biden: #StopLine3 and #BuildBackFossil Free
Step 2: Take a photo of yourself with the sign.
Step 3: Post your sign selfie to Facebook or Twitter with the following text:
.@POTUS, be a climate justice champion and respect Indigenous Rights! #StopLine3 and #BuildBackFossilFree today! If you’re with us, post a photo and share this petition: bit.ly/bidenstopline3 #Faiths4Climate
Tag @JoeBiden or @POTUS and use the hashtags: #StopLine3 #BuildBackFossilFree #Faiths4Climate.
Support the Stop Line 3 movement financially:
Take action from home and in Minnesota:
- Visit stopline3.org to learn about the pipeline and take action. Attend an orientation call to learn about frontline resistance or register for virtual direct action training.
- Visit our Pipeline page for faith-led actions to Stop Line 3 locally and nationally.
- Sign up to host a Sacred People Sacred Earth event on March 11 about Line 3 and Building Back Fossil Free.
Follow what is happening on the frontlines:
- Follow and support Indigenous-led organizations: Giniw Collective, Honor the Earth, Red Lake Treaty Camp, Indigenous Environmental Network, Camp Migizi.
- Follow Resist Line 3 on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for Indigenous-led, centralized coverage of the movement.
Watch videos shared during today’s rally:
- Rezolution ft Brendan Strong video by Thomas X (plus support and follow Thomas X’s music)
- Why Enbridge’s Line 3 Pipeline Project Is Bad for Everyone – video by The YEARS Project
Share and watch or rewatch the recording of the rally (Facebook link; the video will also be posted to our YouTube channel soon).